College Test Prep is a comprehensive program that prepares students to take the SAT® and ACT® tests. These nationally-administered, standardized tests are designed to measure students’ readiness for college, and test scores are an important part of the college admissions process. Nearly every accredited college in the nation requires one or the other; we recommend students take both, as they tend to do better on one than the other.
The SAT® is more of an aptitude test, testing knowledge, skills, and understanding capabilities. It has two components: evidence-based reading and writing, and math, with an optional writing exam on test day. Check with your applicable college if the writing essay is required.
The ACT® is an achievement test, measuring what students have learned in school. It includes science and has up to five components: English, math, reading, and science with an optional writing essay on test day. Check with your applicable college if the writing essay is required.
Whether you take the SAT®, the ACT®, or both, preparation – review and practice testing – has been shown to improve test scores significantly. It can also alleviate the anxiety often associated with test-taking. If you plan to take these tests, you should begin preparing NOW.
How can College Test Prep help you prepare?
• Credentialed faculty with 30+ years of experience
• Immediate, personalized feedback to allow you to focus your efforts
• Small group instruction that builds confidence
• Opportunities to hone skills and master test-taking strategies
• Practice tests to measure progress and identify strengths and weaknesses during the course
• Weekend scheduling at convenient locations